Call for Help Xorg Team need Fresh Blood!

Rene Ladan r.c.ladan at gmail.com
Thu Feb 18 21:52:31 UTC 2010

2010/2/15 Martin Wilke <miwi at freebsd.org>:

> Howdy All,
>
> How you all know is Robert Noland our X guru but he lose most of his time
> for his new job and x11 is to many for one people. Robert is dealing
> most time with x stuff on the src site and we need now some people to
> help him on the ports side. Beat@ and I have been started to help him,
> we've setup a SVN [1] and small wiki page [2] with all needed infomations.
> If you have intrested to help us a bit please mail me back or join
> us via irc EFnet/#freebsd-xorg.
>
> [1]
> http://trillian.chruetertee.ch/ports/browser/branches/xorg-dev
>
> [2]:
> http://wiki.freebsd.org/ModularXorg/7.5

It seems I cannot load radeon_drv nor radeonhd_drv with revision 120
of xorg-dev :

(II) Loading /usr/local/lib/xorg/modules/drivers/radeon_drv.so
dlopen: /usr/local/lib/xorg/modules/drivers/radeon_drv.so: Undefined
symbol "resVgaShared"
(EE) Failed to load /usr/local/lib/xorg/modules/drivers/radeon_drv.so
(II) UnloadModule: "radeon"
(EE) Failed to load module "radeon" (loader failed, 7)

Same for radeonhd_drv.

I have these two drivers referred in /etc/X11/xorg.conf and linked to
the Screen and ServerLayout sections, but nothing else.  The default
xorg.conf wants to load ati_drv which is unsuitable (ATI X1450).

There might be some old patch files in the files/ directories laying
around in my ports tree, since I just cp'ed the new files to
/usr/ports.  I didn't get any build errors however.

Any clue?

Regards,
Rene