[HEADSUP]: ports feature freeze now in effect

Jerry gesbbb at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 16 11:28:13 UTC 2010

On Mon, 15 Feb 2010 23:17:14 +0100
Olivier Smedts <olivier at gid0.org> articulated:

> > I suspect this means we won't get KDE 4.4 for quite some time...
>
> http://miwi.bsdcrew.de/2010/02/cft-kde-sc-4-4-0-for-freebsd/

<quote>
We the FreeBSD KDE Team are happy to let you know KDE SC 4.4.0 was
released few mins ago, and we’re ready for a public test. Before
you ask we don’t want to put KDE 4.4.0 in the ports tree before
FreeBSD 7.3 was released.
</quote>

It would be nice to get the new version installed prior to the release
of FreeBSD-7.3, IMHO.  Unless I am drastically wrong, installing the
new version will require a massive update of libraries, etc, similar to
the recent 'jpeg' update. It would make for a much cleaner update to
the new FreeBSD version if this procedure preceded the update rather
than postdated it. However, with the 'freeze' now in effect, there
obviously is not chance of that happening.

--
Jerry
gesbbb at yahoo.com

Money is the root of all evil, and man needs roots.