[kde-freebsd] HEADS UP: [CFT] KDE SC 4.4.0 for FreeBSD.

Freddie Cash fjwcash at gmail.com
Tue Feb 16 04:38:08 UTC 2010

On Mon, Feb 15, 2010 at 8:30 AM, Dima Panov <fluffy at fluffy.khv.ru> wrote:

> On Tuesday 16 February 2010 02:10:02 Freddie Cash wrote:
> > On Sun, Feb 14, 2010 at 10:42 PM, Dima Panov <fluffy at fluffy.khv.ru>
> wrote:

> > > Why you have disable default options for redland/soprano, which prevent
> > > nepomuk lib to be
> > > builded?
> > >
> > I haven't.  Soprano, Virtuoso, Redland, Akonadi, etc are all installed.
> >
> >  The only options I manually disabled or left disabled for any of the
> > KDE-related ports were for PulseAudio, GStreamer, and IPv6.
> >
> > I can't connect to the box right now, it's my home machine and I'm at
> work,
> > but I can post the pkg_info output for those ports if needed.
>
> Buildlog shows missing backends, so wrong options was used.
>
> Anyway, it was reworked in area51, so please update and rebuild redland,
> soprano, strigi
> and kdelibs4
>
> /var/db/ports/soprano/options from my original build listed
WITH_REDLAND=true, WITH_VIRTUOSO=true, and WITHOUT_SESAME2=true.
Now, it lists just WITHOUT_SESAME2=true.

However, on the rebuild, after updating the ports tree and KDE/PORTS from
area51, portmaster output the following:
===>>> Creating a backup package for old version
soprano-2.4.0.1
tar: lib/soprano/libsoprano_redlandbackend.so: Cannot stat: No such file or
directory
tar: share/soprano/plugins/redlandbackend.desktop: Cannot stat: No such file
or directory
tar: Error exit delayed from previous
errors.
pkg_create: make_dist: tar command failed with code
256

Thus, it appears that even though those options were set in my initial ports
build, those files were not actually installed.  Which would be why things
failed later on.

I've rebuild soprano and redland.  Strigi and kdelibs4 are in the process of
compiling.

Once those complete, I'll try the install of kdegraphics4 and let you know
how things go.

--
Freddie Cash
fjwcash at gmail.com