www/firefox: Firefox 3.6 crashes, Firefox 3.5.7 not

Gary Jennejohn gary.jennejohn at freenet.de
Tue Feb 9 12:54:08 UTC 2010

On Tue, 09 Feb 2010 09:41:34 +0000
"O. Hartmann" <ohartman at zedat.fu-berlin.de> wrote:

[snip maybe too much]
> On 02/08/10 21:42, Eitan Adler wrote:
> > you need to load the sem module (kldload sem).
> >
> SysV smaphore (or sem?) are built into my kernel by default. The
> error/system message when crashing is
>
> socket(): Protocol not supported
> Illegal instruction (core dumped)
>
> and a core is dumped.

So, have you looked at the core dump with gdb to see where it appears
to be crashing?

Could it be IPv6 related?  Do you have IPv6 in the kernel and enabled?
I do.

You could try adding these options to MOZ_OPTIONS in the Makefile
  --enable-debug[=DBG]    Enable building with developer debug info
  --enable-debug-modules  Enable/disable debug info for specific modules
  --enable-debugger-info-modules
                          Enable/disable debugger info for specific modules

---
Gary Jennejohn