[CFT] boinc-astropulse port

Morgan Wesström freebsd-ports at pp.dyndns.biz
Tue Feb 9 09:24:24 UTC 2010

Rene Ladan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> attached is a shell archive for version 5.06 of the Astropulse client of
> the SETI at Home project, as well as an infrastructure-only update of the
> SETI at Home client.  The latter is required because both subprojects share
> the same app_info.xml file.
>
> Work units for Astropulse seem quite scarce, which means I didn't get
> one myself yet.  So I'm not sure if the calculations will be correct,
> but on the other hand the source code is original, except for some
> changes to make it compile against the current release version of
> SETI at Home instead of the current development version.
>
> I would be interested in the actual results of the boinc-astropulse port.
>
> Thanks,
> Rene

May I direct your attention to the Lunatic's website where they provide
an optimized 64-bit version of the Astropulse client.
http://lunatics.kwsn.net/index.php?module=Downloads;catd=38
It has been tried and tested for at least 6 months and the results
verified. It's also 4-5 times faster than the original client.
/Morgan