Drowning in a KDE4 - xorg - nvidia glass of water after updating all over the weekend. w/links sorry attachments didn't get through

eculp eculp at encontacto.net
Mon Feb 8 19:56:10 UTC 2010

I haven't had an X/kde problem in years and probably because of that I
  am stuck.  Problems are learning opportunities;)  To confirm that my
  las xorg.conf was done with xorgconfig and almost identical to my
old  XF86config files and all depreciated.

When trying to start my brand new kde it stuck with Akonadi and the
las line was that it was preparing to launch
/usr/local/kde4/lib/kde4/kio_trash.so and it doesn't move from there.
  I have to kill it with ^c.  I have a copy of the last run bye using
startx 2>&1 | /tmp/TestLog.log and am attaching the link.

http://encontacto.net/bsd/TestLog.log

As I mentioned my xorg.conf didn't work so I created a new on with
Xorg -configure and then ran the nvidia-config and used the result
also linked.

http://encontacto.net/bsd/xorg.conf

To confuse myself even more I decided to test it with twm and xtwm
because I was sure that they would work in the meantime but neither of
  them even wanted to come up.  They change all my black terminal
windows to white and make it impossible to read and it shuts xorg down
  immediately.  It would seem from the nvidia errors that the problem
is  with the nvidia driver that I have been using without problems for
  several months now, so I also tried the vesa driver with similar
problems.  I'm also attaching a link to the Xorg.0.log, just in case.

http://encontacto.net/bsd/Xorg.0.log
http://encontacto.net/bsd/TestVTWM.log

Resuming I don't know if my problems are with kde4, xorg, or the
nvidia driver and have no idea where to go from here, so any

ed