better way to handle required rebuild on library bump

Eitan Adler eitanadlerlist at gmail.com
Sun Feb 7 17:38:11 UTC 2010

> <quote>
> Then when a library's MAJORVERSION is changed it will prompt a rebuild on
> any
> port that relies on it will also get rebuilt.
> </quote>

I assumed that you were looking for a program that would force an
> update of any ports that were dependent upon a changed(updated) port.
> The command I posted would do that. Perhaps I am just not fully
> comprehending what you are attempting to accomplish.

I've been using portmaster since I started using freeBSD (about 2 and a half
years ago) ;)
My post was a way to deal with things like the recent jpeg update in a more
efficient manner. Instead of the port committer having to bump the
portrevision of each port that depeneds on jpeg they could just bump
MAJORVERSION in jpeg and have the rest of the work done magically