Recent massive port update.

Doug Barton dougb at FreeBSD.org
Sun Feb 7 03:51:13 UTC 2010

On 2/6/2010 1:53 PM, ajtiM wrote:
> And in my case, I use portmaster, rebuilding of QT33 and arts doesn't work and
> I screw many applications. Thank you for your hard work but I don't know why
> is a rush for something which doesn't work?

I'm sorry to hear that you had problems with portmaster. I always
encourage users to send problem reports to the list (and hopefully to cc
me as well) in these situations because I am always interested in
improving the tool, or at least warning people away if it's inadequate
in some way.

That said, there will be times, especially for highly inter-dependent
ports like KDE, Gnome, Perl, etc. where easy and/or automated solutions
are not necessarily possible. Sometimes uninstalling all of the old
stuff before installing the new stuff IS the answer.

Doug

			-- Pablo Picasso