Recent massive port update.

Garrett Cooper yanefbsd at gmail.com
Sat Feb 6 20:52:43 UTC 2010

On Sat, Feb 6, 2010 at 12:45 PM, Ion-Mihai Tetcu <itetcu at freebsd.org> wrote:
> On Sat, 06 Feb 2010 21:05:54 +0100
> Miroslav Lachman <000.fbsd at quip.cz> wrote:
>
>> Matthew Seaman wrote:

>> > Actually that's not necessary in this case entirely because the
>> > commit was so large.  Every port that needs to be rebuilt because
>> > it depends on libjpeg has had it's PORTREVISION bumped.  That means
>> > that if you just do a 'portupgrade -a' or 'portmaster -a' the right
>> > thing will happen automatically.
>>

>> No metter if there is revision bump or not, it should be in UPDATING
>> as it was in case of jpeg-7.
>>
>> 20090719:
>>    AFFECTS: users of graphics/jpeg
>>    AUTHOR: dinoex at FreeBSD.org
>>
>>    The IJG jpeg library has been updated to version 7.0.  Please
>> rebuild all ports that depend on it.
>
> No need, since it a port has a new version, a rebuild is expected.

    Excessive documentation is not any more helpful than no
documentation. I would think it's relatively common sense to rebuild
all applications that depend upon a library, and the things that
handle this requirement should do so in a seamless manner, and are
from my understanding (minus manual port installations).
Cheers,
-Garrett