copyright status of bsdnss.c

Arthur de Jong arthur at arthurdejong.org
Thu Dec 30 12:06:02 UTC 2010

Hi Alexander,

Recently, Solaris support for nss-pam-ldapd was contributed by Ted C.
Cheng of Symas Corporation. The general work that was done for this also
makes it possible to integrate the FreeBSD support natively into
nss-pam-ldapd.

For this, I would like to use the file bsdnss.c that is part of
patch-nss__bsdnss.c that can be found here:
  http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/ports/net/nss-pam-ldapd/files/

Before I can use that file I would like to confirm the copyright and
license status of that file. For clarification, I would like to add the
header below to that file (I've also made some small modifications). Can
you confirm that the license and copyright information is correct?

Thanks.

Btw, if you need help in integrating a more recent version of
nss-pam-ldapd (it seems that 0.7.7 is in FreeBSD, while 0.7.13 is also
available) I can probably assist (I don't have a FreeBSD system handy
though).

/*
   bsdnss.c - BSD NSS functions

   Copyright (C) 2009 Alexander V. Chernikov
   Copyright (C) 2010 Arthur de Jong

   This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or
   modify it under the terms of the GNU Lesser General Public
   License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either
   version 2.1 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.

   This library is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
   MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.  See the GNU
   Lesser General Public License for more details.

   You should have received a copy of the GNU Lesser General Public
   License along with this library; if not, write to the Free Software
   Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin Street, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA
   02110-1301 USA
*/

--
-- arthur - arthur at arthurdejong.org - http://arthurdejong.org --