portmaster: print /usr/ports/UPDATING on update

Doug Barton dougb at FreeBSD.org
Tue Dec 28 18:59:06 UTC 2010

On 12/27/2010 23:07, Eygene Ryabinkin wrote:
> I had shown the simple shell script that will parse the UPDATING and
> present the entries for the given port if the fall into the "last N
> days" category.  If you had missed it -- ping me, I'll show it to you
> once again.

Did you even read my post? I specifically stated that I had caught up
with the thread (which implies that I saw your script). I also said that
trying to write a parser for the UPDATING text file is a bad idea, and
not something I'm interested in pursuing. I was taking pains to avoid
having to specifically delineate all the reasons your suggestion is a
bad idea because I'd rather focus on moving in a more useful direction.

Doug

			-- OK Go