Plans for making MAKE_JOBS_SAFE as default

Alexey Dokuchaev danfe at FreeBSD.org
Thu Dec 23 09:18:04 UTC 2010

Hi there,

As far as I remember, when _MAKE_JOBS functionality was introduced, one
of the ultimate goals was to flip the switch at some point so ports are
built with -jX unless marked as MAKE_JOBS_UNSAFE.  What is current
situation and consensus?  Are we ready for that?  If not, what is
preventing us to do so?  Is there some road-map, plan, or time frame?

I'd really like to see that happen.  If there is anything I can help
with, don't hesitate to ask.  :-)

./danfe