Need help with Pidgin-Skype port

Matthias Andree mandree at FreeBSD.org
Sun Dec 19 14:15:42 UTC 2010

Greetings,

I've been trying to create a port of Skype4Pidgin, however, it crashes Pidgin
for me, but I cannot be sure that it does that generally, or if it's just an
artifact on my computer.

I need help:

1. people using skype and pidgin, please let me know if it works for you, and
let me know the FreeBSD version and architecture (such as 8.1 i386). I've filed
Issue #135 upstream, but we may need more input, or it might be my local
computer. See http://mandree.home.pages.de/freebsd/

2. review if checking out sources like this from SVN is ok, or rather frowned
up. The upstream maintainer doesn't provide source tarballs.

3. (related to 2) since the stuff is GPLv2, do we need to cache sources in case
googlecode ever drops off the world?

Thanks in advance.

Matthias