postgresql patch

Jason Helfman jhelfman at e-e.com
Fri Dec 17 01:20:10 UTC 2010

Hi Palle,

Myself and Phil here at experts-exchange worked on a what we think to be a
great patch that could in theory be considered for the other postgresql
servers.

The initial patch was not good, and I understand why that hasn't been
considered. I put a follow-up patch, but found that did break as you pointed
out.

Today we put in a patch that fixes all of it, and makes the user, group and
id configurable. Builds cleanly in Tinderbox, as well.

http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=ports/153136

We look forward to your comments on this.

Thanks!
Jason

On Tue, Nov 16, 2010 at 08:38:02AM +0100, Palle Girgensohn thus spake:

--
Jason Helfman
System Administrator