databases/postgresql90-server build failure

Daniel Geržo danger at rulez.sk
Thu Dec 9 16:02:42 UTC 2010

Hello guys,

I'm building postgresql90-server with the current ports tree and the
build fails for me early in the configure stage:

===>  Configuring for postgresql-server-9.0.1_2
configure.in:22: error: Autoconf version 2..68 is required.
Untested combinations of 'autoconf' and PostgreSQL versions are not
recommended.  You can remove the check from 'configure.in' but it is then
your responsibility whether the result works or not.
configure.in:22: the top level
autom4te-2.68: /usr/local/bin/gm4 failed with exit status: 1
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/databases/postgresql90-server.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/databases/postgresql90-server.

For some reason, the configure.in file in work/ directory contains:
m4_if(m4_defn([m4_PACKAGE_VERSION]), [2..68], [], [m4_fatal([Autoconf
version 2..68 is required.

If I remove one obvious extra '.' from that line the build succeeds.
It seems to be related to ade@'s last revision 1.209 to Makefile but I
have no clue about auto*. Just backing out the revision doesn't seem to
help, is there a proper way to fix this?

Please keep me in cc: as I am not subscribed to ports at .
Thanks!

--
S pozdravom / Best regards
   Daniel Gerzo