FreeBSD Port: tiff-4.0.0

Matthias Andree matthias.andree at gmx.de
Thu Dec 9 12:05:51 UTC 2010

Am 08.12.2010 09:24, schrieb Яковлев Виталий:
> Some errors for this port:
>
> [root at srv /usr/ports/graphics/tiff]# make
> ===>  tiff-4.0.0 cannot install: unknown LIBTOOL version: libtool.
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop in /usr/ports/graphics/tiff.

Hi Vitaly,

please try this:

1 - update your ports tree again,

2 - check /usr/ports/UPDATING for autoconf/automake/libtool upgrades (20101208)
follow the instructions (current version below)

(If you don't have portmaster yet, run this:
make -C /usr/ports/ports-mgmt/portmaster install clean)

3 - retry installing/upgrading tiff, "portmaster graphics/tiff" will do the trick

That worked for me a few minutes ago.

I'm now quoting ports/UPDATING:

> 20101208:
>   AFFECTS: autotools
>   AUTHOR: autotools at FreeBSD.org
>
>   Another stage in the autotools cleanup that reduces tree churn whilst
>   updating components, a number of ports have now moved to non-versioned
>   locations since there is now only the concept of legacy and current
>   versions.
>
>   # portmaster -o devel/autoconf devel/autoconf268
>   # portmaster -o devel/automake devel/automake111
>   # portmaster -o devel/libtool devel/libtool22
>   # portmaster -o devel/libltdl devel/libltdl22
>
>   substitute 'portupgrade' for 'portmaster' accordingly if that's your
>   your upgrade tool of choice.

Again, after doing that, I've just reinstalled graphics/tiff without a hitch.

--
Matthias Andree