emacs and gconf troubles

Ashish SHUKLA ashish at FreeBSD.org
Sun Dec 5 21:50:28 UTC 2010

Andrea Venturoli writes:
> On 12/05/10 15:18, Ashish SHUKLA wrote:

>> How're you starting X server ?

> Through KDM.

>> And with which version are you seeing this behaviour ?

> You mean:

> %pkg_info|grep emacs
> emacs-23.2_4,2      GNU editing macros

> ?

I tried that version as well, but I wasn't able to reproduce the error with my
setup, which is 'startx' based, with following contents of $HOME/.xinitrc:

#v+
#!/bin/sh

xrdb ~/.Xdefaults
xmodmap ~/.Xmodmap
exec dbus-launch --exit-with-session ck-launch-session xmonad 2>$HOME/.xsession-errors
#v-

>> And are you running GNOME, KDE, or any desktop environment ?

> KDE.
> I see this if I start emacs from xterm or if I ssh into another box
> and start emacs from there. The other box have no X server (but I
> think this does not matter).

Are you using X11 forwarding in ssh ? Could you please paste the output of
'export' (or whatever command your shell uses to list all environment
variables with their values) ?

> I should also have mentioned that I mount home via NFS; statd and
> lockd are running on all machines.

>  bye & Thanks
> 	av.

Thanks
--
Ashish SHUKLA      | GPG: F682 CDCC 39DC 0FEA E116  20B6 C746 CFA9 E74F A4B0
freebsd.org!ashish | http://people.freebsd.org/~ashish/

Avoid Success At All Costs !!