emacs and gconf troubles

Andrea Venturoli ml at netfence.it
Sat Dec 4 17:59:15 UTC 2010

Hello.
I'm having a small, low priority, trouble; more an annoyance in fact.

Since a while, if I start an X11 emacs from a terminal window, after I
close emacs, the terminal window won't close with Ctrl-D; I have to
close the terminal windows by hand.

With the latest upgrade, I see the following warning at emacs startup:

> (emacs:2267): GLib-WARNING **: In call to g_spawn_sync()
 > exit status of a child process was requested but SIGCHLD
 > action was set to SIG_IGN and ECHILD was received by
 > waitpid(), so exit status can't be returned. This is a bug
 > in the program calling g_spawn_sync(); either don't request
 > the exit status, or don't set the SIGCHLD action.
> GConf Error: Failed to contact configuration server; some
 > possible causes are that you need to enable TCP/IP networking
 > for ORBit, or you have stale NFS locks due to a system crash.
 > See http://projects.gnome.org/gconf/ for information.
 > (Details -  1: Failed to get connection to session: Command
 > line `dbus-launch --autolaunch=b3fbd8cb89ee22fd22fc292600001a5f
 > --binary-syntax --close-stderr' exited with non-zero exit status
 > 3429110: )
>
> (emacs:2267): GLib-WARNING **: In call to g_spawn_sync(), exit
 > status of a child process was requested but SIGCHLD action was set
 > to SIG_IGN and ECHILD was received by waitpid(), so exit status
 > can't be returned. This is a bug in the program calling
 > g_spawn_sync(); either don't request the exit status, or don't set the
 > SIGCHLD action.

I really don't understand what I should check...
Any help is appreciated.

  bye & Thanks
	av.