Proposal moving *spell dicts to ports/textproc/*spell/dicts

Thierry Thomas thierry at FreeBSD.org
Sat Dec 4 12:52:03 UTC 2010

Le sam  4 déc 10 à 11:58:44 +0100, David DEMELIER <demelier.david at gmail.com>
 écrivait :
> Hi,

Hello,

> As I said some weeks ago I personally don't like much the use of
> ports/{french,chinese,whatever}/ directories. I saw that openbsd
> created sub directories in the aspell port. I think this is a really
> good idea, it's really easier to find.
>
> I don't think german/ispell french/aspell textproc/gu-aspell are
> really easy to find.
>
> I propose creating a ports/textproc/aspell/dicts and same for
> textproc/ispell and textproc/hunspell and moving every spellings ports
> to these directories.

I don't know about hunspell and ispell, but aspell's dictionaries are
maintained and updated independently, at different dates: its why these
are separate ports.

Regards,
--
Th. Thomas.