Introducing USE_SRC and ONLY_FOR_*VER (was: CFR: patch to cleanup usage of SRC_BASE in various ports)

Ion-Mihai Tetcu itetcu at FreeBSD.org
Fri Dec 3 12:07:38 UTC 2010

On Fri,  3 Dec 2010 08:59:22 +0100 (CET)
"Ganael LAPLANCHE" <ganael.laplanche at martymac.org> wrote:

> On Wed, 1 Dec 2010 10:38:10 +0200, Ion-Mihai Tetcu wrote
>
> Hi,
>
> > > It would be interesting to provide something like :
> > >
> > > USE_BASE= yes
> > > Which would do the following :
> > >  => defines ${SRC_BASE}
> > >  => checks for ${SRC_BASE}/sys/Makefile
> > >  => provides a standard error msg if not found
> > >
> > > or, if set to something other than yes :
> > >
> > > USE_BASE= some/file/within/src_base
> > >  => defines ${SRC_BASE}
> > >  => check for ${SRC_BASE}/some/file/within/src_base
> > >  => provides a standard error msg if not found
> > >
> > > Thus, we would avoid having the same tests again and again, and
> > > be able to provide more "standard" messages...
> > >
> > > What do you think ?
> >
> > Yes. It would help tracking some errors on automated build systems.
>
> Following this idea, here is a small patch that provides that
> functionality :
>
> http://people.freebsd.org/~martymac/patches/20101203-patch-bsd.kmod.mk.txt

Submit a PR with it please.

FreeBSD committer -> itetcu at FreeBSD.org, PGP Key ID 057E9F8B493A297B