www/firefox & mail/thunderbird fail to build

Jamie Paul Griffin jpg at griffin.gnix.co.uk
Thu Dec 2 13:37:46 UTC 2010

> Hello,
>
> I suppose the system on which the port is being compiled on is low
> in swap space.
>
> Try to disable compiler optimizations  (make config).
>
> Here's a similar (same ?) problem
>
> http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-gecko/2010-February/000682.html
>
> With a workaround, probably no longer valid/adequate
>
> http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-gecko/2010-February/000692.html

Hi Dan

thanks for the link and your suggestion. `make config` and de-selecting the Additional Optimizations flag has enabled me to build Firefox; just done the same for Thunderbird so I think that will be alright too although it is still building now.

Best wishes, Jamie

for the archives: www/firefox == firefox-3.6.12 FreeBSD 8.1 i386