ports/146754: [patch] new port: add devel/atf framework to ports

Ade Lovett ade at freebsd.org
Tue Aug 31 17:17:37 UTC 2010

On Aug 29, 2010, at 20:00 , Garrett Cooper wrote:
>    Found the reference. The stuff that gets installed under
> ${PREFIX}/tests (to some degree) are actually executables
> ($(execdir)), and some are data files ($(datarootdir)).

Woo.  Lots of fun there. :)

As much as I hate committing a port that has known issues (in this case hier(7) breakage), I can certainly see the value in having it in the tree.

So.  Here's the deal.  I'll go ahead and commit it, adding a note that it currently isn't hier(7) safe (just a note, not an IGNORE/BROKEN/whatever).

However, if in 6 months, or two version jumps, whichever comes first, it is still not heir(7) safe, then I _will_ mark it BROKEN.

Unless anyone else can thing of an utter show-stopper, this would seem to be the best compromise.

-aDe