ports - dovecot

Jerry freebsd-ports.user at seibercom.net
Tue Aug 24 20:05:06 UTC 2010

On Tue, 24 Aug 2010 20:46:49 +0200
DZIOBAK <dziobak84 at interia.pl> articulated:

> Could you please tell me when can be released dovecot-1.2.14 and
> dovecot-2.0.1? The versions 1.2.13 and 2.0.0 are released for couple
> of weeks, but ports are not created.

While releasing the former into the ports system is a worthwhile goal,
it would be a mistake IMHO to do the same for the latter. The software
author is releasing on what appears to be an almost hourly schedule,
patches to the base program. Until it stabilizes, I would not recommend
releasing it into the wild. If it has as many problems as it appears to
on the system it was written on, one can only imagine what sort of
problems await FreeBSD users.

Just my 2¢.

--
Jerry ✌
FreeBSD-Ports.user at seibercom.net

There never was a good war or a bad peace.

	Benjamin Franklin