graphics/sane-backends: fails to build due to the collision in user group id number

Jeremy Chadwick freebsd at jdc.parodius.com
Sat Aug 21 02:14:47 UTC 2010

On Fri, Aug 20, 2010 at 06:50:57PM -0700, Yuri wrote:
> Here is the message I get:
> ===> Creating users and/or groups.
> Creating group `saned' with gid `194'.
> pw: gid `194' has already been allocated
> *** Error code 65
>
> My /etc/group file has this line:
> apache:*:194:
>
> Obviously there is a conflict.

$ grep :194: /usr/ports/GIDs
saned:*:194:

Do you know what port, or what piece of software, decided that GID 194
should be "apache" on your system?  That would be what needs to change.

On FreeBSD 6.x or later, the "www" user (UID 80) and "www" group (GID
80) are used for Apache.  These two UID/GIDs are part of the base
system's /etc/passwd and /etc/group.  So I'm not sure what "apache" is
used for in your /etc/group.