google-earth

Gary Jennejohn gljennjohn at googlemail.com
Thu Aug 19 09:08:09 UTC 2010

On Wed, 18 Aug 2010 21:21:26 +0200 (CEST)
Juergen Lock <nox at jelal.kn-bremen.de> wrote:

>  Anyway, I just had to go back to the previous google earth version
> for the port because the latest one only crashed for me right at
> startup, I'd be interested if it works for anyone of you, here
> is a shar:
>
> 	http://people.freebsd.org/~nox/google-earth-5.2.1.1547/google-earth-5.2.1.1547.shar
>
> (please include details about at least your FreeBSD version, installed
> ports, graphics hw, and graphics drivers if you test it.)

Works for me, although it's very slow, as usual.

uname:
FreeBSD XXX 9.0-CURRENT FreeBSD 9.0-CURRENT #52: Tue Aug 17 16:22:37 CEST
2010 YYY amd64

I have the f10 compat Linux port installed (don't exactly which version) with
	compat.linux.osrelease: 2.6.16

My graphics is an on-board ATI Radeon HD 3200 Graphics chip and I'm using
the xf86-video-ati-6.13.1 driver with dri and drm.

--
Gary Jennejohn