It's annoying when something other than rsyncd listens on tco/873

Doug Barton dougb at FreeBSD.org
Tue Aug 17 01:26:22 UTC 2010

On 08/16/2010 17:20, jhell wrote:

> The problem that I came across was that /usr/local/etc/rc.d is parsed
> long after /etc/rc.d contents

This hasn't been true for a very long time. I first added the code to
incorporate the local scripts into the base rcorder almost 5 years ago.

> so adding the BEFORE to the rsync start
> script would not help or didn't at that time.

You can't add a BEFORE which is earlier than a REQUIRE (one of the many
reasons that I dislike BEFORE). Your configuration was probably creating
a circular dependency error that you didn't see.

hth,

Doug

			-- Pablo Picasso