i keep *trying* to move from portupgrade to portmaster

Doug Barton dougb at FreeBSD.org
Mon Aug 16 20:29:13 UTC 2010

On 8/16/2010 6:49 AM, Mike Jakubik wrote:

> Im not saying because its in portupgrade it needs to be in portmaster.
> I'm simply saying that it's a useful feature for me, and possibly
> others.

I guess my question is what is the use case that portmaster doesn't
already cover? You can specify a list of ports on the command line, or
you can use the -i option with a wider glob, or even -a. There is also
the +IGNOREME file option; all of these are described in the man page.

I think it's pretty obvious what my preference is, but if you can
demonstrate the need I'm willing to consider it.

Doug

			-- Propellerheads