Looks as if we need a misc/compat8x

Dmitry Marakasov amdmi3 at amdmi3.ru
Thu Aug 12 17:47:09 UTC 2010

* Ade Lovett (ade at FreeBSD.org) wrote:

> > I expect that a "real" compat8x port might need a few more libraries --
> > my build machine has a rather small number of installed ports....
>
> If I'm not mistaken, a compat8x port would only likely be created
> during the RC process of 9.0 - ie: when it is known which libraries
> are needed in terms of having a different shlib rev.
>
> All the while it's merely 9-CURRENT, folks are expected to handle
> building of their own ports (or pull packages from the usual places)
> -- another artefact of "it's -current, deal with it" (or words to
> that effect).

compat6x appeared there half a year before 7.0-RELEASE, so I guess
nothing holds us from doing a compat8x and keeping in up to date with
bumps in current. Ask garga at .

--
Dmitry Marakasov   .   55B5 0596 FF1E 8D84 5F56  9510 D35A 80DD F9D2 F77D
amdmi3 at amdmi3.ru  ..:  jabber: amdmi3 at jabber.ru    http://www.amdmi3.ru