keep-alive option for sudo in portmaster

Jim Trigg jktrigg at gmail.com
Fri Aug 6 23:24:56 UTC 2010

On Fri, Aug 6, 2010 at 6:58 PM, Doug Barton <dougb at freebsd.org> wrote:
> On 08/06/2010 15:54, Anonymous wrote:
>> Doug Barton <dougb at FreeBSD.org> writes:
>>> While I can sympathize with your situation, I think you'd be better off
>>> in this case running your portmaster commands in an actual root shell.
>>
>> Wouldn't periodic hook be useful to smth else besides PM_SU_CMD? Like
>> sending time passed since current port build started to xterm title.
>> It may help to guess how long till it completes the build.
>
> I look forward to reviewing your patches to implement this feature. :)

I use aliases:

alias portadd="sudo portmaster"
alias portrm="sudo portmaster -e"
alias portls="portmaster -L"
alias portupg="sudo portmaster -aDG"

Speaking of such things (particularly the usage of -l/-L, which
shouldn't need root privileges), did you get my PR and patch to allow
for five-digit UIDs?

HTH,
Jim