FreeBSD Port: xmonad-0.9.1_1

Giuseppe Pagnoni gpagnoni at gmail.com
Fri Apr 30 17:39:51 UTC 2010

Dear xmonad maintainers,

I just noticed that with the latest port tree upgrade (as of today),
even when force-rebuilding all the ports dependent on libgmp (after
its recent update detailed in /usr/ports/UPDATING), xmonad crashes on
startup with the following error message:

/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared object libgmp.so.8 not found, required by
xmonad -x86_64-freebsd

which seems to indicate that the xmonad dependency on libgmp was not
updated in the port's files to follow the recent libgmp bump.  I was
able to make it work anyway with:

  ln -s /usr/local/lib/libgmp.so.10 /usr/local/lib/libgmp.so.8

but I wanted to signal the issue.

very best,

giuseppe

PS: I am running  FreeBSD 8.0-RELEASE-p2 / amd64