portmaster, renamed ports, and DEPRECATED

Doug Barton dougb at FreeBSD.org
Thu Apr 29 06:08:59 UTC 2010

On 04/19/10 11:01, Doug Barton wrote:
> On 4/19/2010 9:52 AM, Greg Larkin wrote:
>> Hi Doug,
>>
>> I just tried to upgrade from math/libgmp4 to math/gmp after refreshing
>> my ports tree.  math/gmp has superseded math/libgmp4, so I used
>> portmaster's -o option to upgrade from a new origin, e.g.:
>>
>>     portmaster -o math/gmp math/libgmp4
>>
>> I've done this in the past with no problem, but this time, the old port
>> had already been marked DEPRECATED, and portmaster refused to continue
>> the upgrade. I commented out the DEPRECATED variable in
>> math/libgmp4/Makefile, and reran portmaster with no trouble.
>>
>> Would it be possible to detect when -o is being used for an upgrade and
>> ignore DEPRECATED on the previous port?

I just committed revision r207353 to svn which has a fix for this issue,
thanks again for bringing it to my attention.

If there is anyone left who hasn't done this update yet, you can get
information on downloading the svn version at
http://dougbarton.us/portmaster-proposal.html. Although I've tested it
fairly extensively I would appreciate confirmation that it's working as
it should.

I plan to add some more cross checking for command line stuff and to do
a bit more regression testing tomorrow, then commit the current round of
bug fixes to the ports tree version.

Regards,

Doug

			-- Propellerheads