emulators/zsnes segfaults in 32-bit jail on FreeBSD/amd64 8.0

Naram Qashat cyberbotx at cyberbotx.com
Sun Apr 25 15:53:57 UTC 2010

I just built a FreeBSD/amd64 8.0 system, and I built emulators/zsnes within a
32-bit jail in /compat/i386.  But when I try to run it by setting
LD_32_LIBRARY_PATH to /compat/i386/usr/local/lib and PATH to
/compat/i386/usr/local/bin:$PATH, it segfaults.  I also tried to build the port
with WITH_DEBUG=yes to get it to add -g to the CFLAGS and remove the STRIP
variable, but it still segfaulted.  However, if I did a make extract and then
manually went into the work directory and built it with the environment set with
CLFAGS and CXXFLAGS set to -g, ZSNES doesn't crash at all.  With the first 2
segfaults, even running a 32-bit gdb66 on zsnes didn't give me anything, saying
there were no debugging symbols.  I'm at a loss, as the port compiles and runs
just fine on my FreeBSD/i386 7.2 system.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Naram Qashat