portmaster and IGNOREME

Aristedes Maniatis ari at ish.com.au
Sat Apr 24 23:26:31 UTC 2010

On 25/04/10 6:38 AM, Doug Barton wrote:
> On 04/23/10 22:43, Aristedes Maniatis wrote:
>> >  I have a package which is not built from a port (it is commercial
>> >  software). I've put an +IGNOREME file in the package folder. But
>> >  portmaster will not ignore it:
>> >
>> >  #portmaster -a
>> >
>> >  [snip...]
>> >
>> >  ===>>>  Proceed? y/n [y]
>> >
>> >  ===>>>  Starting build for for ports that need updating<<<===
>> >
>> >  ===>>>  Launching child to update CGatePro-5.3.5
>> >
>> >  ===>>>  No ORIGIN in /var/db/pkg/CGatePro-5.3.5/+CONTENTS
>> >  ===>>>  Aborting update
>> >
>> >  ===>>>  Update for CGatePro-5.3.5 failed
>> >  ===>>>  Aborting update

I'd like to add one more point about this, which might be separate to the issue about +IGNOREME. portmaster -a compiles a list of all the ports it will upgrade or install and asks if you want to proceed. CGatePro is only examined AFTER that point. It does not appear in the list before the "Proceed? y/n" question.

In this case, since it is a package and not a port, why does portmaster look at it at all? There is no useful information available about whether it can be upgraded (I'm not running with -P). I don't really want to have to put IGNOREME in that package... I only did that to try and make portmaster ignore something it should already be ignoring.

Perhaps your improvements to ORIGIN handling will also deal with this.

Thank you for a great tool.

Regards
Ari

--