portmaster and IGNOREME

Garrett Cooper yanefbsd at gmail.com
Sat Apr 24 06:14:37 UTC 2010

On Fri, Apr 23, 2010 at 10:43 PM, Aristedes Maniatis <ari at ish.com.au> wrote:
> I have a package which is not built from a port (it is commercial software).
> I've put an +IGNOREME file in the package folder. But portmaster will not
> ignore it:

    It's not ignoring it for -a (update).
    Kind of funny though why this functionality exists if pkg_install
doesn't even check it. I've gotten a lot of noise similar to that
related to homegrown packages I've dealt with at work when running
pkg_add // pkg_create as it builds up package origins when it reads
the contents of the plists -- not sure why a ports-ism made it into
pkg_install though, but flz most likely knows why.

> #portmaster -a
>
> [snip...]
>
> ===>>> Proceed? y/n [y]
>
> ===>>> Starting build for for ports that need updating <<<===
>
> ===>>> Launching child to update CGatePro-5.3.5
>
> ===>>> No ORIGIN in /var/db/pkg/CGatePro-5.3.5/+CONTENTS
> ===>>> Aborting update
>
> ===>>> Update for CGatePro-5.3.5 failed
> ===>>> Aborting update
>

> Unless there is some clear documented reason, portmaster should ignore ports
> which are marked to be ignored. The documentation reads:
>
>        If you do a regular update of the port, or if the
>        -a option is being used you will be asked if you want to update
>        the port anyway.
>
> I am not being asked, it just fails the entire port upgrade process, unless
> I use -ia and specifically exclude this package. I don't know enough about
> package files to know why ORIGIN is required, even for packages which aren't
> generated from the ports system.

    This I don't know (and is potentially a bug or a needed
enhancement with portmaster). dougb would be able to fill you in on
this.
Cheers,
-Garrett