databases/sqlite3 build fails

Garrett Cooper yanefbsd at gmail.com
Fri Apr 23 20:04:32 UTC 2010

On Fri, Apr 23, 2010 at 12:53 PM, Doug Barton <dougb at freebsd.org> wrote:
> On 04/23/10 12:16, Alexey Shuvaev wrote:
>> Not sure, if I ran into the same problem, but I recall that sqlite3 needs
>> an option TCL_MODULES turned on in lang/tcl85.
>> Or, better, try to install tcl-modules by hand and see, if it helps.
>
> Yes, that solves it, thanks. When I am forced to install something like
> tcl for a build dependency I generally strip it down as much as
> possible, so I had unchecked the modules option. As you point out below,
> the option is enabled by default.
>
>> If it does, should sqlite3 port directly depend on tcl-modules?
>
> A cursory examination indicates that this would be a good solution. The
> maintainer has been restored to the cc line.
>
>> The problem doesn't manifest itself on the package clusters as
>> TCL_MODULES turned on by default.

    devel/subversion requires sqlite by default, so I did an initial
look at busting this build dependency a few weeks ago. There are some
tcl modules used by sqlite so that isn't available in all cases, but
it can be broken down when they're not compiled. If someone points me
to the tcl script that breaks this assumption, I'll gladly whip up an
awk, sed, or bourne shell script solution to remove this nasty
dependency.
Thanks,
-Garrett