databases/sqlite3 build fails

Alexey Shuvaev shuvaev at physik.uni-wuerzburg.de
Fri Apr 23 19:16:56 UTC 2010

On Fri, Apr 23, 2010 at 11:58:18AM -0700, Doug Barton wrote:
> On 04/23/10 11:52, Sean McAfee wrote:
> > I can confirm this behavior on multiple installs of 8.0Rp2 amd64.  I
> > don't use (or want) TCL, but tried to build it with TCL 8.4, 8.5, and
> > 8.6 installed with no luck.
> >
> > I just gave up and pkg_add -r'ed it.
>
> I run -current, so:
>
> ===>>> The newest available package (sqlite3-3.6.19)
>        is older than the version in ports (sqlite3-3.6.23.1_1)
>
> I don't use tcl either, so I just let sqlite install the default as a
> dependency: tcl-8.5.8

Not sure, if I ran into the same problem, but I recall that sqlite3 needs
an option TCL_MODULES turned on in lang/tcl85.
Or, better, try to install tcl-modules by hand and see, if it helps.
If it does, should sqlite3 port directly depend on tcl-modules?
The problem doesn't manifest itself on the package clusters as
TCL_MODULES turned on by default.

HTH,
Alexey.