mplayer needs libcdio and libcdio isn't depending on

Sahil Tandon sahil at FreeBSD.org
Wed Apr 21 04:05:25 UTC 2010

On Mon, 19 Apr 2010, Demelier David wrote:

> When you install mplayer with libcdio support, if will build and
> install it, but libcdio has no depend and could be detected as leaf
> package. Then pkg_cleanup will ask you to remove it and if you remove
> it you canno't use mplayer anymore if it needs this lib.
>
> Is that behavior expected ? I means that libcdio shouldn't be needed
> by mplayer after the installation.

I am not a user of multimedia/mplayer, but it seems that you believe
sysutils/libcdio is required to *run* mplayer, whereas it is only listed
as a *build* dependency.  Is that a correct summary of your report?

--
Sahil Tandon <sahil at FreeBSD.org>