CFT: print/pdftk port compiled with Java compiler from gcc 4.5

Gerald Pfeifer gerald at pfeifer.com
Thu Apr 15 19:55:56 UTC 2010

On Tue, 13 Apr 2010, Greg Larkin wrote:
> Ok, I see why there's a problem now.  My linker hints were set up in
> such a way that /usr/local/lib/gcc45 appeared before /usr/lib, so I
> didn't have the libstdc++.so.6 problem.  However, that's not a normal
> configuration, so we have to fix this another way.
>
> Gerald, you ran into this problem a while back and posted a question
> about it here:
> http://www.mail-archive.com/freebsd-ports@freebsd.org/msg23261.html
>
> There are some other folks with the same problem here (old thread):
>
> Did you ever decide on a resolution for this problem?  Should I simply
> create a wrapper script for pdftk that sets LD_LIBRARY_PATH, or is the
> rpath solution better?

The way I have addressed this for C, C++ and from what I can tell all
relevant Fortran users of USE_GCC= is by setting the following

 CFLAGS+=                -Wl,-rpath=${LOCALBASE}/lib/${_GCC_BUILD_DEPENDS}
 LDFLAGS+=               -Wl,-rpath=${LOCALBASE}/lib/${_GCC_BUILD_DEPENDS}

in Mk/bsd.gcc.mk.

Apparently pdftk does not use LDFLAGS (and it not using CFLAGS for Java
code is somewhat expected).  Is there some similar variable we could set
for Java code?  JFLAG, JAVAFLAGS,...?  Or could you inject the use of
CFLAGS or LDFLAGS during linking?

Gerald