Trivial PR, fix package-noinstall

Garrett Cooper yanefbsd at gmail.com
Sat Apr 10 21:30:46 UTC 2010

On Sat, Apr 10, 2010 at 4:26 AM, Dominic Fandrey <kamikaze at bsdforen.de> wrote:
> On 10/04/2010 12:49, Garrett Cooper wrote:

>>> I don't see what appears to be the problem. The fix is tested,
>>> there is no chdiring and pkg_create is not modified in any way.
>>>
>>> All it does is change the parameters pkg_create is called with.
>>
>>     Have you tested in the following cases:
>>
>> 1. With the pkg_install scripts.
>> 2. Without the pkg_install scripts.
>>
>>     If not, then you need to do that before asking for someone to
>> commit your code :).
>
> The do-package code is used by the package and the package-noinstall
> targets.
>
> package-noinstall is called by package-recursive on ALL-DEPENDS.
> I.e. it is only used on completely installed packages, just what
> "pkg_create -b" was made for.
>
> The regular package target is always run after install (search for
> "Main logic" in bsd.port.mk). So do-package is only called after
> install has completed, hence the code can, in every case, rely on
> logdir containing all required data.

Ok, interesting. If you look at another spot in bsd.port.mk, there's
another area where +INSTALL and friends are installed:

fake-pkg:
# ...
        if [ -f ${PKGINSTALL} ]; then \
            ${CP} ${PKGINSTALL} ${PKG_DBDIR}/${PKGNAME}/+INSTALL; \
        fi; \
        if [ -f ${PKGDEINSTALL} ]; then \
            ${CP} ${PKGDEINSTALL} ${PKG_DBDIR}/${PKGNAME}/+DEINSTALL; \
        fi; \
        if [ -f ${PKGREQ} ]; then \
            ${CP} ${PKGREQ} ${PKG_DBDIR}/${PKGNAME}/+REQUIRE; \
        if [ -f ${PKGMESSAGE} ]; then \
            ${CP} ${PKGMESSAGE} ${PKG_DBDIR}/${PKGNAME}/+DISPLAY; \
        fi; \
# ...

So if I don't define NO_PKG_REGISTER and I define FORCE_PKG_REGISTER,
then this logic will be executed.

This change does need to be tested for the make package-noinstall case
with pkg-install, pkg-deinstall, etc being present and not being
present [in their .in files form and non-.in files form]. Otherwise
this is going to potentially introduce a regression into bsd.port.mk.

Thanks,
-Garrett