x11/nvidia-driver: VDPAU headers in /usr/local/include/vdpau now

Alexey Dokuchaev danfe at FreeBSD.org
Sat Apr 10 15:34:45 UTC 2010

Hello there,

Over the last several months, I've had received several questions on
maybe we could move VDPAU headers to /usr/local/include/vdpau (nVidia
reference driver and our port normally installed them under ${DOCSDIR}).

After short discussion with nVidia folks and maintainers that are
particularly interested in better location of VDPAU headers, it was
decided that they indeed be better placed under /usr/local/include/vdpau.
The latest update of the port now provides two symlinks for that matter,
which should obsolete other ports' hacks like copying them manually to
local build tree.  Even more, those hacks could easily break with next
update of nVidia driver port, as it was decided to move them from docs
completely onto new location.  Hence this email.  :-)

Thanks.

./danfe