[ HEADS UP ] Ports unstable for the next 10 days

Ion-Mihai Tetcu itetcu at FreeBSD.org
Thu Apr 8 21:20:37 UTC 2010

From: Ion-Mihai Tetcu <itetcu at FreeBSD.org>
To: Ion-Mihai Tetcu <itetcu at FreeBSD.org>
Cc: stable at freebsd.org, questions at freebsd.org, freebsd-ports at freebsd.org
Subject: Re: [ HEADS UP ]  Ports unstable for the next 10 days
Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2010 21:31:33 +0300

Just a status update:

PNG and cURL are in, and png fall-outs are believed to be fixed.

Xorg update has gone through an -exp run on Pointy and our xorg team is
working on fixing the approx. 60 ports with problems.

I will begin -exp runs for Gnome and KDE updates tonight or tomorrow
morning.

>>> Gnome -exp done, there's a showstopper on amd64 that we weren't aware
>>> of. about 40 fixesso far. An other -exp needed.

Packages status:
- i386:
  - 6 after png and curl
  - 7 after png and curl
  - an 8 incremental build is in progress and should be shortly finished
  - 9 pacakges are from middle March
>>> from 9 Apr.
- amd64:
  - 6 packages are post png and curl
  - 7 build is in progress and will be finished tomorrow
  - 8 last build was done in the middle of the png update/fixes; we
    won't run an other before Xorg, KDE and Gnome go in (for lack of
    resources).
>>> in progress, with ports from yesterday
  - 9 build in progress (with sources that are believed to fix the zlib
    problem).

In other words, if you wish to update without waiting for Xorg, Gnome
and KDE now it's a good moment.

>>> So no clear ETA yet, a few days more.

FreeBSD committer -> itetcu at FreeBSD.org, PGP Key ID 057E9F8B493A297B