[ HEADS UP ] Ports unstable for the next 10 days

Niclas Zeising niclas.zeising at gmail.com
Thu Apr 8 13:22:30 UTC 2010

On 2010-04-08 14:42, Antonio Olivares wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 7, 2010 at 7:36 AM, Ion-Mihai Tetcu<itetcu at freebsd.org>  wrote:
>> On Wed, 7 Apr 2010 07:20:47 -0500
>> Antonio Olivares<olivares14031 at gmail.com>  wrote:
>>
>>   [ .. ]
>>
>>> ===>>>  Port directory: /usr/ports/sysutils/fusefs-kmod
>>>          ===>>>  This port is marked IGNORE
>>>          ===>>>  requires the userland sources to be installed. Set
>>> SRC_BASE if it is not in /usr/src
>>>
>>>          ===>>>  If you are sure you can build it, remove the
>>>                 IGNORE line in the Makefile and try again.
>>>
>>> ===>>>  Update for sysutils/fusefs-kmod failed
>>> ===>>>  Aborting update
>>
>>   [ .. ]
>>> What should I do in this case?
>>
>> First, please don't top post.
>>
>> Second, you don't seem to have the base sources installed and that
>> port, being a kernel module, needs them.
>> See:
>> http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/cvsup.html
>>
>> --
>> IOnut - Un^d^dregistered ;) FreeBSD "user"
>>   "Intellectual Property" is   nowhere near as valuable   as "Intellect"
>> FreeBSD committer ->  itetcu at FreeBSD.org, PGP Key ID 057E9F8B493A297B
>>

> Dear Ion-Mihai,
>
> I have installed cvsup, but I don't really understand the page that I
> was refered to
>
> ===>  SECURITY REPORT:
>        This port has installed the following files which may act as network
>        servers and may therefore pose a remote security risk to the system.
> /usr/local/sbin/cvsupd
> /usr/local/bin/cvsup
> /usr/local/bin/cvpasswd
>
>        If there are vulnerabilities in these programs there may be a security
>        risk to the system. FreeBSD makes no guarantee about the security of
>        ports included in the Ports Collection. Please type 'make deinstall'
>        to deinstall the port if this is a concern.
>
>        For more information, and contact details about the security
>        status of this software, see the following webpage:
> http://www.cvsup.org/
> ===>   Cleaning for ezm3-1.1_2
> ===>   Cleaning for cvsup-without-gui-16.1h_4
>
> I have installed it using ports system, but still get same error as
> above.  I try to use cvsup the file, I get nothing, I try to go to the
> port that refuses to update and make install clean and it says source
> not available or refused?
>
> I have used ports before and had no problems, I don't know what to do.
>
> Thank you and others who have provided help.
>
> *Sorry for top posting
>

> Regards,
>
> Antonio
Hi!

A good place to start when you're new to FreeBSD or have questions is
the FreeBSD handbook, available at http://www.freebsd.org/handbook.
In your case I suggest you read
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/cvsup.html
which details how you can get the sources for the FreeBSD operating
system, including the kernel, which is what you need to be able to build
fuesefs-kmod. Also, csup, a replacement for cvsup written in C, has been
around in base for quite some time. You can use that instead of cvsup.
Also, in your case, there is a standard cvsup file you can use together
with csup or cvsup. It resides in
/usr/share/examples/cvsup/standard-supfile
so you don't have to make your own.

I hope this helps you!
Regards!
//Niclas