About ports QA by 'port test'

chukharev at mail.ru chukharev at mail.ru
Tue Apr 6 18:21:50 UTC 2010

On Mon, 08 Mar 2010 20:19:15 +0200, <chukharev at mail.ru> wrote:

> Recently I've been trying to run some additional tests during updating
> the ports I have installed on my computer. That means I select a number
> of oldest installed ports (using dates of directories in /var/db/pkg/),
> and for each of them run 'port test' (ports-mgmt/porttools) and then
> 'portupgrade -f'.
[....]
> The URL: http://kemia.me.tut.fi/~chu/FreeBSD.port_tests/
[....]
> Additionally to the above stats, java/jdk16 is interactive and hangs on input
> despite of BATCH=yes in /etc/make.conf.

I continue running the port tests, now including the ports which are not
installed on my computer (the script is available on the above site).
About once per week I update the ports with csup.

Now I faced a new issue. The port biology/distribfold is interactive during
deinstall. This stops the tests and needs reading the logs, answering the
questions etc... The Porter's Handbook does not say a word if this is correct
or not. OK, that means it is correct. But still it is a problem for the tests.

Can anybody advise what to do in this case?

Best regards,
--
Vladimir Chukharev
Tampere University of Technology