Unable to build /lang/ruby18

Jerry freebsd-ports.user at seibercom.net
Sun Apr 4 22:25:48 UTC 2010

On Sun, 4 Apr 2010 14:32:25 -0700, Stanislav Sedov <stas at FreeBSD.org>
articulated:

> On Sun, 4 Apr 2010 09:23:29 -0400
> Jerry <freebsd-ports.user at seibercom.net> mentioned:
>
> > I have tried three times in the past 24 hours to build the
> > 'lang/ruby18' port without success. This is on a FreeBSD-7.3
> > machine.
> >

> Hmm, it seems that ruby picks the openssl version
> installed from ports.  I'll look into this.
>
> As the workaround you can try deinstalling ports'
> version of OpenSSL (if you don't need it).

Thank you for your reply. As the port maintainer I would assume you had
a good handle on this problem.

I do not want to un-install the port version, nor do I feel that I
should be so encumbered to do so. It also occurs to me that I am not
going to be the only user with this problem.

Would you suggest that I file a bug report on this or do you have
another more elegant solution.

Thanks!

--
Jerry