mplayer fails to build on today's -current

Doug Barton dougb at FreeBSD.org
Mon Sep 28 06:10:07 UTC 2009

Thomas Zander wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 27, 2009 at 04:48, Doug Barton <dougb at freebsd.org> wrote:
>> cc -O2 -pipe -g -fno-strict-aliasing -I./libavcodec -I./libavformat
>> cabac.h: In function 'get_cabac_noinline':
>> cabac.h:525: error: can't find a register in class 'GENERAL_REGS'
>> while reloading 'asm'
>> cabac.h:525: error: 'asm' operand has impossible constraints
>
> This error should go away if you build mplayer with -O3.
> Can you turn on the optimized-cflags-knob and try again?

I had that knob set already, but I have WITH_DEBUG in /etc/make.conf
and the mplayer Makefile suite has an override in that case. I
commented out WITH_DEBUG and it worked.

It would of course be nice if the optimization weren't necessary ...

Doug