Latest/perl.tbz symlink missing on FTP mirrors

Erwin Lansing erwin at FreeBSD.org
Mon Sep 21 10:28:32 UTC 2009

On Mon, Sep 21, 2009 at 01:15:22AM -0400, Philip M. Gollucci wrote:
> Pav Lucistnik wrote:
> > Hi Jeremy,
> >
> > yes, we (portmgr) noticed this too. But we don't know why it happens,
> > yet.
>
> I'm 99% sure its because lang/perl5.10 is built after lang/perl5.8 and
> the latter sets NO_LATEST_LINK=yes.
>
> 1) lang/perl5.10 should set latest link to perl5.10
> 2) it should not set no latest link
> 3) lang/perl5.8 should set latest link to perl5.8

Peter Losher poked me about this a few days ago at EuroBSDCon and I
looked into it, but didn't find the cause yet.  It's on my TODO list for
when I get home.  Your analysis is unfortunately not right, as it's not
just perl but from what I can tell all latest links, so something bad is
definately going on.

-erwin

--
Erwin Lansing                                   http://droso.org