upgrading lmdbg

Mikolaj Golub to.my.trociny at gmail.com
Sun Sep 20 20:49:41 UTC 2009

Hi,

I am maintainer of lmdbg port and would like to upgrade it to the latest
upstream version 0.11.0.

But as of version 0.10.0 the author of lmdbg removed GNU autotools stuff in
favor of his own framework -- mk-configure, written in bmake (portable version
of NetBSD make) and shell.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/mk-configure/

So to upgrade lmdbg I need to add mk-configure to the ports, which depends on
bmake and mk files from NetBSD pkgsrc framework. The latest two are also not
present in the ports :-).

I have prepared all necessary ports. They are available at

http://code.google.com/p/trociny/downloads/list

But now I don't know what would be my next step. Should I fill pr for every
port or would just one pr for all the stuff be enough? Are there chances that
they all will be accepted?

Also, I would be very glad any comments and suggestions concerning my ports.
E.g. in new version of lmdbg I have:

do-install:
        bmake -C ${WRKSRC} install-dirs install

And porlint raises the warning:

WARN: Makefile: [24]: possible direct use of command "install" found. use ${INSTALL_foobaa} instead.

But I would not like to do what portlint suggests here.

Another thing, bmake port also installs some mk files (it needs them when
being built and I think it is useful to have them installed together with
bmake). I would created separate port for mk files (bmake-bootstrap-mk-files)
and make bmake build-depend on it. Is this worth doing?

Thanks in advance,

--
Mikolaj Golub