net-im/pidgin-sipe won't build

Lowell Gilbert freebsd-ports-local at be-well.ilk.org
Thu Sep 17 17:05:05 UTC 2009

Paul Schmehl <pschmehl_lists at tx.rr.com> writes:

> Bueller????  Anyone????
>
> --On Wednesday, September 16, 2009 18:04:14 -0500 Paul Schmehl
> <pschmehl_lists at tx.rr.com> wrote:
>

>> I'm trying to install this port but it fails consistently with the following
>> error.
>>
>> py25-cairo-1.8.8 needs Python 2.6 at least. But you specified 2.5.
>>
>> I ran upgrade-site-packages (per /usr/ports/UPDATING) and got this error:
>>
>> ** Port marked as IGNORE: graphics/py-cairo:
>>         needs Python 2.6 at least. But you specified 2.5
>>
>> I uninstalled and reinstalled graphics/py-cairo, and I *still* get the error,
>> even though py-cairo *says* it's py26.
>>
>>  /usr/ports/net-im/pidgin-sipe]# pkg_info -a | grep py | grep cairo
>> py26-cairo-1.8.8
>> py26-cairo-1.8.8
>> py26-cairo-1.8.8
>> py26-cairo-1.8.8
>> py26-cairo-1.8.8
>> py26-cairo-1.8.8
>> py26-cairo-1.8.8
>> py26-cairo-1.8.8
>> py26-cairo-1.8.8
>> py26-cairo-1.8.8
>> py26-cairo-1.8.8
>> py26-cairo-1.8.8
>> py26-cairo-1.8.8
>> py26-cairo-1.8.8
>> Information for py26-cairo-1.8.8:
>> py26-cairo-1.8.8
>> py26-cairo-1.8.8
>> py26-cairo-1.8.8
>> py26-cairo-1.8.8
>> py26-cairo-1.8.8
>> py26-cairo-1.8.8
>>
>> Where the heck is the IGNORE coming from?  It's not in /etc/make.conf.  It's
>> not in /usr/local/etc/pkgtools.conf.
>>
>> Any useful advice would be appreciated.

There's nothing obvious; I can't find the IGNORE either, although
obviously my ports tree may not match yours exactly.  The code for the
upgrade-site-packages target is not completely clear to me.  Do you have
any python-related variables in make.conf?  Is there anything bogus
looking in /usr/local/lib/python*?