Portmaster tcsh completion (Was: Re: Portmaster updates, including multiple -x options)

Doug Barton dougb at FreeBSD.org
Tue Sep 15 19:06:39 UTC 2009

Miroslav Lachman wrote:
> Nice improvements!

Thanks. :)

> When you are talking about completion, I am using this for tcsh:
>
> alias    _PKGS_VeRsIoN_    'ls -1 /var/db/pkg'
>
> complete portmaster    'c/--/(force-config show-work clean-distfiles
> clean-distfiles-all \
>     check-depends help version)/' \
>     'c/-/(a b B C d D e f F g G h H i l L m n o p r R s t u v w x)/' \
>     'n@*@`_PKGS_VeRsIoN_`@'
>
> It is basic for older version of portmaster, so I am sure it doesn't
> contain all the options. I can polish it up if you want to include it in
> you port.
>
> It can be rewritten to not use alias _PKGS_VeRsIoN_. The alias is there
> because I am using it for other completion in my ~/.cshrc.
>
> And one thing is missing - support for completion of /usr/ports/*

I'll say the same thing about this as I did about the zsh completions,
since I don't use tcsh I must leave it to the community to point me in
the right direction. If you tcsh users can come to consensus on this I
will be glad to include it.

Doug