show port commit history in portmaster

Alberto Villa villa.alberto at gmail.com
Mon Sep 14 00:18:27 UTC 2009

hello!
encouraged by a request, i've written this small utility (attached) to show
the commit history for a port (using freshports.org), and i was wondering...
how about adding this functionality to portmaster?
here's an example of its output:

$ ./portchangelog.sh editors/vim
===>>> Gathering commit history for editors/vim
  ===>>> Number of commits found: 220 (showing only 100 on this page)

=================>>>
29 Jul 2009 21:19:43 >> 7.2.239
Committer: wxs at FreeBSD.org
Chase patch rename so that it passes "make checksum"

=================>>>
29 Jul 2009 08:40:23 >> 7.2.239
Committer: obrien at FreeBSD.org
Change name of diked patch.

at the moment it is a bit rough (it is just a shell script), but i can make it
more serious if wanted (eg. not using a " " to identify a field)
so... what do you think about this?
--
Alberto Villa <villa.alberto at gmail.com>

As far as we know, our computer has never had an undetected error. --
Weisert